- student: hey government can I have some money to go to university
- uk government: sure here you go. you'll have to pay it back but only when you're earning £21,000+ a year, and if you don't pay it off after 30 years we'll just write it off, don't worry about it man
- scottish government: nah man just go to uni we ain't gonna charge you
- us government: no. you gotta pay it yourself. upfront. your parents have to save up from the moment you're born. good luck, fucker.
- canadian government: youre pretty much obligated to go to university to get a job that earns enough money to pay off the money we will loan you. you'll work to pay it off for most of your life, and don't forget we will add interest too. we are the highest taxed country in the world, ya know.
No matter how good things are, there will always be solitary nights you spend in your bedroom, in a car, or in a party full of your closest friends when it feels like the walls are caving in.
- Dan Campbell (via wordsthat-speak)